Important Note: This is an upgrade for customers who already own Chandler Limited Curve Bender. The full version and the following upgrades are also available:
- Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender
- Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender (upgrade from Chandler Limited Zener Limiter)
- Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender (upgrade from Chandler Limited Curve Bender and Chandler Limited Zener-Bender for Console 1)
- Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender (upgrade from Chandler Limited Zener-Bender for Console 1)
Vintage sound, modern combo.
A powerful and musical modern plug-in channel strip with the unique vintage sound of Chandler Limited®, the Zener-Bender combines the crisp and colourful character of the Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer with the big, punchy Zener Limiter to bring class, history, and most crucially of all, a phenomenal sonic impact. Component-modelled with Softube’s customary care and experience, these units together can take charge of any mix.
A Powerful Channel Strip
Two vintage-sounding units, full of heritage and trusted by some of the world’s top engineers, combined into a focused channel strip workflow.
The Big and Punchy Zener Limiter
A versatile and powerful compressor/limiter with punch and power to match its tasteful distortion.
The Crisp and Colorful Curve Bender
An extremely musical and characterful mastering equalizer. Can be subtle or drastic, but always makes things sound better.
An Imperial Family Tree
Tracing the heritage of the Chandler Limited® Zener-Bender is like discovering an imperial family tree. Its roots are in EMI consoles, used at Abbey Road from the 60s onwards to record some of the most seminal albums of all time, by the likes of Pink Floyd and The Beatles. And right up to the present day Curve Bender and Zener Limiter are being used in both hardware and plug-in form by top producers and engineers across records by world-leading artists such as Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, and more. The influence of the Chandler sound cannot be overstated. It shapes the world it rules.
The native plug-in version of the Zener-Bender, apart from combining the heritage, colour, and character of the Zener Limiter and the Curve Bender in one impactful channel strip, is special for its plug-in-only features.
Digital audio and software flexibility allow us to offer External Sidechain input, Mid/Side Processing, and Channel Linking. Clean up your low end in the center of your soundstage while gently calming your cymbals out wide. Bring a vocal to the front, even at the mastering stage, without damaging the tracks supporting it. You’re in charge of just about everything.
The TG12413 Zener Limiter was conceived by Chandler Limited® designer Wade Goeke, to continue the tradition of EMI Limiters started in 1954 with the RS114 tube limiter and the 1968 RS168 Zener Limiter. The Zener Limiters were also part of the 1969 TG12345 console channel and the 1974 TG12413.
It’s a powerful, punchy-sounding dynamics workhorse, which brings character without being difficult. It’s a favorite of top mix engineers like Tony Maserati and Joe Chiccarelli, as much for its versatility as for the mojo it brings.
Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer
The Chandler Limited® Curve Bender mastering equalizer is based on desk circuits from the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London, used to create albums of genuinely legendary status, such as Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, and Abbey Road by The Beatles.
The Curve Bender has more bands (four, compared to the original console’s two), more fixed filter points (a huge fifty-one, up from just nine, chosen and designed in the image of the original circuits by Chandler Limited® founder, Wade Goeke), more Q and gain options, and added low and high pass filters, making the unit a mastering powerhouse without sacrificing the exquisite analogue sound-flavour which made it a leader.
Zener-Bender For Console 1
Softube’s hybrid hardware/software mixing system, Console 1, also benefits from the wonderfully unique vintage sound of the Zener-Bender, with its own bespoke version of the channel strip included with the native version, or available on its own.
Console 1 is a highly intuitive hardware control system for Softube’s fantastic-sounding software mixing tools – especially complete channel strips – and with every new strip Softube release, the flexibility and freedom grow. The Zener-Bender, in particular, opens up new sonic ground to Console 1 users, with its classic yet wonderfully modern tonal quality.
- Zener Limiter and Curve Bender combined in one channel strip
- The historic EMI/Abbey Road sound from the late 60s realized by Chandler Limited®’s hardware and reimagined for a modern studio context
- Expertly modelled by Softube
- Includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender and Zener-Bender for Console 1
- Units used on modern classic records by Beyoncé, The White Stripes, and Lady Gaga
- Plug-in exclusive features: External Sidechain, M/S Processing, Channel Linking Zener-Bender
- Console 1-ready: the individual plug-ins can be used within the Console 1 mixing ecosystem.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested (64-bit only).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit only).
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280×800 or larger.
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space).
- A Softube account is required to register and install the software.
- An iLok account is required for authorisation of the software.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use a physical iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
- The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs – and our own rigorous testing standards – we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Important note: make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com